From: owner-stds-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
[mailto:owner-stds-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG]On Behalf Of ext Ambroise
Popper
Sent: 30 April, 2004 05:43
To: STDS-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [STDS-802-16] channel measurement report

I think a little clarification is needed on 2 points regarding the channel
measurement report mechanism.

In section 8.3.5.2.3, it is stated : "An extended IE with an extended DIUC
value of 0x00 is issued by the BS to request a channel measurement report
(see 6.3.2.3.33". My interpretation is that it requests a channel
measurement, but not a report. A report would be requested by a REP-REQ MAC
message. Is that correct?

Second related point, in section 6.3.15.6, it is written "Upon receiving a
REP-REQ the SS shall reply with a REP-RSP message and reset its measurement
counters for each channel on which it reported". My interpretation is that
it should reset all counters, and not only those it has reported. For
instance, if it reported on RSSI only, should it reset its CINR counter?

Thank you.

Ambroise POPPER
SEQUANS Communications
101-103 Bd McDonald, 75019 Paris