From: Roger B. Marks [mailto:r.b.marks@ieee.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 1:39 PM
To: IEEE 802.16 Members
Subject: reconsideration voting on P802.16-REVd/D4 Sponsor Ballot
comment resolution

This note provides the instructions for voting on the resolution of
comments for reconsideration in the P802.16-REVd/D4 Sponsor Ballot
recirc.

I've notified the reflector (note enclosed below) of the proposed
comment resolutions on which we are voting
<http://ieee802.org/16/docs/04/80216-04_20r8.zip>.

The voting process works this way:

(1) Only Working Group members <http://ieee802.org/16/members.html>
are eligible. You do not need to vote. Votes will be considered as a
CHANGE to your vote as submitted in the previous round of voting on
the same comment. If you do not vote, your previous vote will stand.
If no vote was recorded for you in the first round, you may still
vote this time.

(2) Type your name in the "Resolution of Group" field.

(3) Under the menu item "Records," choose "Replace" to put your name
in the "Resolution of Group" of EVERY comment you are voting on.
Check to make sure it worked.

(4) For each comment, use the "Decision of Group" field to cast your
vote. The choices will be interpreted this way:

      "Accepted"      => Vote to approve the comment as it stands
      "Rejected"      => Vote to disapprove the comment as it stands
       Anything else  => Vote to abstain on the issue of that comment
       For example: "Accepted-modified" will be counted as "abstain"

You need not vote on the comments marked "Withdrawn," as they will be
Withdrawn in any case.

(5) When you have finished, make sure you are showing all 32 comments
(choose the script "Find Marked Records" and/or see the count in the
grey area on the left) and then, under the menu item "Scripts,"
choose "Export Group Resolutions."

(6) Select the file type "FilerMaker Pro Runtime". Name the file in
the format "CommentVote_Name.USR", where "Name" is a version of your
name that I will recognize. Save the file.

(7) Email the file to me before the deadline of May 7 AOE
<http://ieee802.org/16/aoe.html>.

(8) I will not post any results until after the deadline.

(9) The individual votes of the individual members will be posted to
the IEEE 802.16 password-protected web site.

(10) To learn what happens afterwards, re-read the procedure.

Please let me know if you have any problems with or questions about
the process.

Regards,

Roger