[STDS-802-16] [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] C80216e-04_215r1

Title: Message

Dear Peiying Zhu, Yigal Leiba, Jeongheon Kim, and all

As for the Reply Comment of C80216e-04_215,  I sent my response.

Break backward compatibility.
Too much resource used for this single purpose
Need to wait for preamble for BS identification, frequency offset estimation
==> My contribution is not to change REVd but to insert new reference signal in some extra band.
And of course, an MSS need to wait for preamble. To obtain preamble, and MSS must perform symbol timing synchronization using CP. We make better use of that process only by reading reference signals. Therefore reference signals can give the information of preamble's location.

The preambles are sufficient for synchronization. The contribution does not attempt to prove otherwise.
==> For synchronization, an MSS must obtain preamble. Reference signals give the information of remained time to preamble. So an MSS can reduce the procesdure for obtaining preamble by not scanning during the time. The effect is represented in revised contribution.

Defined signals for fast synchronization from different cells cannot be distinguished.
Also the signals cannot be demodulated before timing synchronization.
==> If an MSS synchronize with a BS, it need cell information. But reference signals are not need to distinguish between different cells. Because reference signals are used to inform preamble's location and preamble has information for cell distinction.
And of course, the signals cannot be demodulated before timing synchronization. After timing synchronization using CP, an MSS can find preamble's location by using the signals.

Please see my revised contribution.
See you in Portland.

Best Regards,
Thanks,
JY Chun.

 Jin-Young Chun
 Research Engineer
 Standardization & System Research Gr.
 Mobile Communication Technology Research Lab.
 Phone: +82-31-450-7903
 Mobile: +82-10-2263-2797
 E-mail: jychun03@lge.com