[STDS-802-16] Cleaning up 802.16e security

Title: Message
All,

I think the input to the security work went rather well. We got most of the underlying mechanisms in the spec. Compare this with the time it took 802.11i to get to this stage. Of course we had the benefit of their hindsight.

As some of us discussed in the meeting, there are a few things to be done with the security work but also there seems to be agreement that we need to identify and limit the list of things we need to do, in order to bring the work to a close.

My list of things to be done is as follows:
    EAP Key agreement
    Generic Management Frame Protection
    PKMv2 Key Hierarchy
    PKMv2 Security State Machines
    Test Vectors (for the crypto algorithms operating over packets)
    Vulnerability analysis/corrections
    General clean up of the contributions that were accepted (we have LB14c for that)

I have vague memories of Jeff having another item for this list but its leaked from my head.

I will try to coordinate a consensus position on what the key heirarchy should be. So I'd appreciate comment on it. Particularly from anyone who disliked the current proposal enough to vote against it. I don't think the discussion in the meeting shed much light on what the concerns were, since I still don't know.

EAP Key agreement is in a similar situation. Jeff provided text, but it didn't pass. Therefore any input on what is needed to make it pass is welcome.

Anyone who can commit to filling in other parts of the framework should declare their interest, so people interested in contributing to the same areas can compare notes.

Hopefully we can reach some sort of consensus before the next meeting.

Regards,
DJ