Re: [STDS-802-16] [Preamble] Question about IDCell from the preamble

Hi, Sriram Mudulodu,

I'm sorry I don't understand your reply exactly.

What's mean 'interference averaging'?

I think you say IDcell from preamble is used for doing permutations based on IDcell for data, right?
IDcell used for pilot modulation and IDcell used permutations for data are different.
IDcell info from the preamble is used for pilot modulation and IDCell used permutations for data is default zero at first.

Below, there is Yigal's answer to my questions.

========================================================================================================
In REVd/D5,
p. 567 "In the first PUSC zone of the downlink (first downlink zone) the default used IDcell is 0."
p.526 "The downlink frame shall start in PUSC mode with IDcell = 0 and no transmit diversity."

1. What is the first PUSC zone?  Does that include FCH, DL/UL-MAP?
>>> Yes, it includes FCH and DL-MAP

2. Why IDcell = 0 in the first PUSC zone?
>>> To facilitate operation with sector reuse <=1 by ensuring that PUSC zone are orthogonal

3. If answer of question 1 is "yes", where or when will IDcell from preamble be used?
>>> IDCell from the preamble is use on the first PUSC zone pilot modulation
Please see it,

Thanks,
Best Regards,
JY Chun