[STDS-802-16] [Preamble] Question about IDCell from the preamble

Dear Yigal and all,

In Preamble Adhoc, it is defined Minimum information carried in preamble are Segment number, CellID.
But I still don't understand why information of IDCell need in the preamble.

I knew IDCell from the preamble is use on the first PUSC zone pilot modulation,
but I think overhead is large if it use for only that reason .

Are there other important reasons I miss ?

Best regurds,
JY Chun

 Jin-Young Chun
 Research Engineer
 Standardization & System Research Gr.
 Mobile Communication Technology Research Lab.
 Phone: +82-31-450-7903
 Mobile: +82-10-2263-2797
 E-mail:
jychun03@lge.com