Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2004 3:35 AM
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16] [PREAMBLE] Aug 13 Preamble Ad-Hoc group CC age nda (followup)

Dear Preamble Adhoc members,
  Based on the conference call today there was 3 issues raised with respect to contribution
 To harmonize the contribution we need to sort the following issues.
1. Common preamble repetition duration: This address how often the common preamble is repeated. Its a trade off
between overhead and initial network entry latency. Assuming a brute force correlation approach a repetition interval
of 5 frames gives the same performance as that obtained using the legacy preamble.

2. Location of common preamble in Frame: As was suggested during the CC it would be advantageous to have the common preamble
right after the DLMAP.

3. Group vs. Cellid: We could use Group ID if it is already defined. I am a bit unclear about its usage though.

Further comments are welcome.
Regards,
-Raja