[STDS-802-16] Fwd: HCS question

Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:04:57 -0600
From: Jeremy Pfeifer <the-beast@shaw.ca>

I'm hoping you can help me.  I'm looking at the 802.16 spec, and
trying to figure out how the header check sum is calculated.  The
text explanation leaves much to be desired.

It shall be the remainder of the division (Modulo 2) by the generator
polynomial g(D)=D8+D2+D+1 of the polynomial D8 multiplied by the
content of the header excluding the HCS field. (Example: [HT EC
Type]=0x80, BR=0xAAAA, CID=0x0F0F; HCS should then be set to 0xD5).

What/where is 'D' found?  Are D8 and D2 supposed to be the 8th and
2nd bit of D respectively?

thanks,
Jeremy