Re: [STDS-802-16] uploaded TGe contributions

Some of the authors of rejected contributions have asked me for an
explanation. In general, I don't think I'm obligated to answer these
questions, but I'll do so this time. I'll copy the reflector, in
hopes of educating everyone, even though I think the rules are clear
(in <http://ieee802.org/16/submit.html> and in the checklist you are
asked to review at upload time).

Unaccepted contributions may be corrected and re-submitted. They may
be considered at the discretion of the Task Group Chair.

Roger

>C80216e-04-188r6.doc
>Key Hierarchy for PKMv2
>David Johnston, JunHyuk Song, Seokheon Cho, Sung-cheol Chang,
>Seong-Choon Lee, YoungMan Park, Donnie Lee, Jesse Walker

Key issue: This contribution would appear to be a revision of IEEE
C802.16e-04/188. However, IEEE C802.16e-04/188 is entitled "Preamble
of scalable OFDMA supporting MIMO system" and was written by a
different set of authors.

Relevant instruction: "If this is a revised contribution, I
acknowledge that I am authorized by the previous authors to revise
the contribution. I understand that it is completely inappropriate to
submit an unauthorized revision, intentionally or not, and I expect
to be punished accordingly if I do so."

Other issue: Hyphen instead of underscore in file name.

Relevant instruction: "The contribution's file name is EXACTLY of the
proper form, for example..."

>C80216e-04_427.doc
>STC sub-packet combining for 3 transmit antennas in OFDMA Yongseok Jin,
>Jinyoung Chun, Kyuhyuk Chung (LGE)

Issue: No contribution number in header.

Relevant instruction: "The correct contribution number has been
inserted into the appropriate place in the template, in EXACTLY the
proper format."

Other issues:
(a) In the header, the contribution number should go to the right.
The date should go to the left.
(b) Don't auto-number the "Date Submitted" field; that makes it meaningless.

Relevant instruction: "Prepare the document using one of the
submission templates."

(c) The company name should not be included be included as part of
the file description entered at upload time.

Relevant instruction: "The second line of the description box above
is the list of the contribution's authors, separated by commas."

Also, I can't read some of the figures or equations in this Word
file. If I convert it to PDF, those figures will be absent.

>C80216e-04_428.doc
>C80216e-04_428 Extension of collaborative spatial multiplexing in OFDMA
>Bin-Chul Ihm, Yongseok Jin, Jinyoung Chun, Kyuhyuk Chung (LGE)

See C80216e-04_427.doc.

>C80216e-04_434.pdf
>A Space-Time Code With Full-Diversity and Rate 2 for 2 Transmit Antenna
>Transmission Seung Joon Lee, Choong Il Yeh, Hyoung Soo Lim, In Kyeong
>Choi, Jong Ee Oh, Kwang Jae Lim, Seong Rag Kim, Young Seog Song, Yu Ro
>Lee, Dong Seung Kwon, Seung Ku Whang, Seong Keun Oh, Moon Il Lee, Ki Bum
>Kwon, Heegoo Han

Issue: Underscore instead of slash in contribution number.

Relevant instruction: "The correct contribution number has been
inserted into the appropriate place in the template, in EXACTLY the
proper format."

>C80216e-04_457.doc
>Dynamic multicast and broadcast zone management Sangho Park, Pyung-Su
>Park, Inkyu Paek

Issue: No contribution number in header.

Relevant instruction: "The correct contribution number has been
inserted into the appropriate place in the template, in EXACTLY the
proper format."

Other issues:
(a) In the header, the contribution number should go to the right.
The date should go to the left.
(b) Don't auto-number the "Date Submitted" field; that makes it meaningless.

Relevant instruction: "Prepare the document using one of the
submission templates."

>C802 16e-04_460.doc
>Enhancement to the 802.16e Global Service Class Name Encoding Lei Wang,
>Kenneth Stanwood, Phillip Barber, David Johnston

Key issue: Underscore instead of slash in file name. No "IEEE" in
document number.

Relevant instruction: "The correct contribution number has been
inserted into the appropriate place in the template, in EXACTLY the
proper format."

>C802.16e-04_461.doc
>MBS Section Re-organization and Clarification Lei Wang

See C80216e-04_460.doc.

>C80216e-04_500.doc
>Fast Feedback Request message
>David Ashkenazi, Yigal Eliaspur, Yuval Lomnitz

Key issue: No contribution number in header.

Relevant instruction: "The correct contribution number has been
inserted into the appropriate place in the template, in EXACTLY the
proper format."

Key issue:
"Date Submitted" is backdated, with a date earlier than actual submittal.

Relevant instruction: "The document is submitted on the appropriate
template and shows the current date."

>C80216e-04_502.doc
>AAS capability negotiation
>Yuval Lomnitz, Yigal Eliaspur, Dov Andelman

See C80216e-04_500.doc.

>C80216e-04_505.doc
>Optimizing authorization phase during Handover Avishay Shraga, Yigal
>Eliaspur

See C80216e-04_500.doc.

>C80216e-04_509.doc
>STC sub-packet combining with antenna grouping for 3 and 4 transmit
>antennas in OFDMA Bin-Chul Ihm, Yongseok Jin, Jinyoung Chun, Kyuhyuk
>Chung (LGE)

See C80216e-04_427.doc.

>C80216e-04_520.doc
>Mobility Enhancements for the OFDM mode
>Rainer Ullmann, Jonathan Labs
>Wavesat

My apologies: this document was actually accepted, so it should not
have been on this list. I meant to say that another contribution
uploaded with the same number was rejected. That one was called:

        MIMO differential modulations
        Wen Tong, Peiying Zhu, Ming Jia, Jianglei Ma ,Mo-Han Fong,
Hang Zhang ,Brian Johnson

>C80216e-04_527.doc
>C80216e-04_527.doc
>Qinghua Li
>Intel

Issue: No contribution number in header.

Relevant instruction: "The correct contribution number has been
inserted into the appropriate place in the template, in EXACTLY the
proper format."

Issue: "Date Submitted" is backdated, with a date earlier than actual
submittal. Same with header date.

Relevant instruction: "The document is submitted on the appropriate
template and shows the current date."

Issue: Contribution title not used in description field.

Relevant instruction: "The first line of the description box above is
the title of my contribution."

>C80216e-04_540.doc
>CBC Mode and Initial Vector for the AES Algorithm Sungcheol Chang,
>Jaesun Cha, Seokheon Cho, and Chulsik Yoon

My apologies: this document was actually accepted, so it should not
have been on this list. I meant to say that another contribution
uploaded with the same number was rejected. That one was called:

        C80216e-04_540.pdf
        Correction to Section 8.4.8.3 (Figure 232-Illustration of STC)
        Nageen Himayat, Shilpa Talwar, Hassan Yaghoobi

The number 540 had already been reserved by Cha, et al. Himayat, et
al., had attempted to reserve the number 540 earlier, but they had
used the incorrect numbering format. Another issue with the Himayat
paper: "Date Submitted" is backdated, with a date earlier than actual
submittal. Same with header date. Relevant instruction: "The document
is submitted on the appropriate template and shows the current date.."

>C80216e-04_547.pdf
>Enhanced Feedback Method for Enhanced FAST_FEEDBACK channels Hang Zhang,
>Mo-Han Fong, Peiying Zhu, Wen Tong

My apologies: this document was actually accepted, so it should not
have been on this list. I meant to say that another contribution with
the same document number was rejected for duplication. It was called:
        PHY Profiles for Scalable FFT sizes
        Seungjoo Maeng, Jaeho Jeon, Inseok Hwang, Soonyoung Yoon, Panyuh Joo