Re: [STDS-802-16] doubt in WiMAX OFDM - plz help

Sabari,
Please find my comments below
Vladimir

Certain code should be transmitted at certain channel. BS has to receive all
codes transmitted by many
SSs at different channels [there is a possibility for collision]

> 2) What is that REQ Region FULL? also when to decide
> which REQ to choose?

REQ Region Full is an allocation at UL [provided over UL-MAP] used by
different SSs for transmission of
Bandwidth Request Headers, potentially with collisions [each SS is choosing
for transmission a random slot within the allocation ].

> 3) What are all those burst profiles (UIUC = 5-12) on
> (page 468 in the 2004 edition) used for?

This UIUC values are used mark different options for modulation/coding used
further in UL-MAP

what is the
> format for that?

UIUC has 4 bits

is it a grant IE?

UIUC are used in UL-MAP IEs (Table 245); one may call them "Grant IE"
[actually this term is not used in OFDM]

> 4) if subchannelization is used, then why not
> different SSs transmit with different subchannel index
> in the same burst?

The standard does not preclude from allocating several UL bursts to a single
SS
[in this case several UL-MAP IEs contain same CID = Basic CDI of the SS]

> plz help me in clearing these doubts
> bye
> sabari

> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
>

> This mail passed through mail.alvarion.com

> PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code,
> vandals & computer viruses.
>

> This mail passed through mail.alvarion.com

> PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code,
> vandals & computer viruses.

This mail was sent via mail.alvarion.com