Re: [STDS-802-16] TTG may be too small for the scaleable OFDMA

Forwarded for anyone's response.  Please respond directly or via the reflector.

Brian

Dear Sir,
      I'm Paolo Peluso, a final-year student of the University of Lecce (ITALY). The standards in which I'm interested in my thesis work are the IEEE 802.16-2004 and the IEEE 802.16e. In details, I'm interested in QoS mechanisms.

      In WiMAX I saw that the bandwidth requests may be sent per connection and the grants of bandwidth are aggregate per SS. I have some questions to make you. When we support QoS in a network we have to control that the parameters established in the access phase are respected from all the users (connections) of the network. A policer on the BS is necessary to this scope. This policer may be a per connection token bucket. But the BS has to manage up to 65k connections.
      1)Is it possible for the BS to policy each connection?
      2)Is it better to control the aggregate traffic of each SS that has joined the network and let each SS to policy each own connections?

      I'm sure you examine my request. Yours faithfully,

                                                        PAOLO PELUSO

E-mail:  pp.twins@inwind.it
            pp.twins@tiscali.it

Navighi a 2 MEGA e i primi 3 mesi sono GRATIS.
Scegli Libero Adsl Flat senza limiti su http://www.libero.it