[STDS-802-16] release of P802.16/Conformance04/D1

Dear IEEE 802.16 Colleagues:

The new draft, P802.16/Conformance04/D1 1 ("Draft Standard for
Conformance to IEEE 802.16 - Part 4: Protocol Implementation
Conformance Statement (PICS) Proforma for Frequencies below 11 GHz"):
        <http://ieee802.org/16/private/drafts/tgc/P80216_Conf04_D1.zip>
is now under review in Working Group Letter Ballot #18.

This is the first draft in the Conformance Task Group's Conformance04
project. It is available using the 802.16 user name and password. For
more information on password-protected access, see:
        http://ieee802.org/16/password.html

You may find the editorial quality of this draft to be problematic. I
received the draft in FrameMaker format from the TG Chair on Thursday
afternoon. In order to complete ballot before Session #37, the draft
needed to be ready on Friday. I found that the document needed a
great deal of editorial work before I could consider it to be a draft
standard. I (unexpectedly) spent much of Friday getting it in order.
It is certainly not perfect, but I think it is readable. I hope you
will read it carefully and submit your comments, including editorial
comments, during LB #18.

Roger
--

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov> +1 303 497 7837
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO, USA