[STDS-802-16] Maximum Sustained Traffic Rate, Maximum Traffic Burst

Title: Message
I am confused when reading the parameters in 11.13.6 and 11.13.7 (Maximum Sustained Traffic Rate, Maximum Traffic Burst). These parameters say to describe in the uplink the policing needing to be done by the SS and in the DL the policing needing done by the network.
In the UL, is there a need for the SS to do this policing? The BS scheduler sets the transmission allowance, so why should a SS police?

I can see a use for similar parameters as described in these chapters, but then in a system in which the BS limits the maximum data rate transmission to the SS for the case where the SS is limited in its output data rate. So: if the SS MAC can only transmit to the user x bps and has a memory limit y, the BS from this could shape the traffic to the SS in order to not overflow the SS memory requirements. This might impose some larger queuing on the BS, but this can be vendor implemented.

As I see it, the maximum traffic burst (11.13.7) would only have any use if the egress link speed on the SS (from the MAC to the end user) is given and lower than the airlink speed, allowing for a shaping such as described above.

The 11.13.14  (Maximum Latency) parameter seems to be an additional input to a shaped connection only, so that I can define where I have to be within the min and max rate to achieve the latency target. On the other hand, this could conflict with the burst parameter, because we would need to potentially exceed a burst limit and sustained traffic rate to achieve a given latency. Anybody has any thoughts on this?

On 11.3.8 (Minimum reserved traffic rate), is there a mechanism described for the case of overbooking (all links have traffic to transmit, the aggregate available traffic is beyond the available BW)? Should all traffic then be derated proportionally to fit into the available BW? Or is this vendor defined?

On 11.3.9 (Minimum tolerable traffic rate), the section as a whole and the definition of T is confusing. Should T be a vendor defined "fixed" sliding window? If not, how is T defined? Isn't this parameter really only a watchdog value that is a different expression for maximum latency? I don't see how this could be used to realistically define shaping, because you cannot be clairvoyant about your ingress queue's future to make sure the traffic distribution fulfills this minimum tolerable requirement? As I said, very confusing ....

Thanks,

Steve