[STDS-802-16] AW: [STDS-802-16] Transmitted power during initial ranging

Dear Giulio,
in 802.16-2004 there is a statement:
The SS shall calculate the maximum transmit signal strength for initial
ranging,
PTX_IR_MAX, from equation (10)

PTX_IR_MAX = EIRxPIR,max+ BS_EIRP - RSS (10)

EIRxPIR,max (from DCD):
Initial Ranging maximum equivalent isotropic received power at BS
Signed in units of 1 dBm. (Table 358, Cor1 D2)

BS_EIRP is the equivalent isotropic radiated power of the base station

RSS is level at SS

as you maybe always know.

My interpretation is that using the same RF channel for uplink
a link loss was determined using RSS and will limit the maximum transmit
power of the SS to do not "overload" the IR receive level at the BS.
To "adjust" its power level, to my understanding is to adapt to the link
loss.
The wording of max TX power is from a viewpoint of the BS.

Kind Regards
Juergen Otterbach