[STDS-802-16] help please: Optional TC, Admission Control

Hello,

I have some basic questions about the 802.16-2004 Standard. I apologize
in advance if this is not the right forum for basic questions.

Question1: This is about the admission control function inside the QoS
Authorization Module.
Is admission control supposed to make its decision about guaranteeing
certain rates, based
on the worst case modulation ? If the space in bits on the frame is
estimated for the purpose of
admission control in terms of a better modulation, then the admission
decision will be valid,
as long as that modulation does not change into a worse one. Should DSx
messages be exchanged,
and AdmittedQoS renegociated whenever modulation changes ?

Question2: This is about the TC sublayer. The TC sublayer is required in
WirelessMAN-SC PHY,
but is optional in OFDM PHY. What is it about OFDM that makes the TC
sublayer optional ?
I would have thought TC sublayer is required whenever there are FEC blocks
- and there are FEC
blocks in OFDM as well. What am I missing ?

Thank you for your time, any partial answer or small hint would be greatly
appreciated,
Marius