Re: [STDS-802-16] +++IEEE 802.16 Letter Ballot #19 is now open

To:  stds-802-16@ieee.org
bcc: 802.16 WG Members

Folks,

I am writing to provide a further explanation of WG Letter Ballot #19.

The ballot (per email announcement below) asks whether "to adopt IEEE
802.16g-06/002 as the first P802.16g draft and to submit it for
Working Group Letter Ballot."

The decision to adopt a document as a draft and submit it for WG
Letter Ballot is normally made in session. However, we did not act on
the issue during Session #19 due to the lack of quorum. Instead, we
deferred the issue to a letter ballot. If the WG approves the motion
in Letter Ballot #19, we will  open a WG Letter Ballot #20 on the
P802.16g draft. This ballot will close before Session #42.

At this time, IEEE 802.16g-06/002 does not yet exist. However, the
instructions to create it do exist: the NetMan Task Group decided on
12 January "to authorize the editor to revise 802.16g-05/008r2, in
accordance with the comment resolutions in 802.16g-06/001r1, and
reissue the document as 802.16g-06/002." You can find the previous
working document 802.16g-05/008r2 here:
	http://ieee802.org/16/netman/docs/80216g-05_008r2.zip
and the Session #41 comment resolutions here:
	http://ieee802.org/16/netman/docs/80216g-06_001r1.zip
These two documents, along with the referenced contributions:
	http://ieee802.org/16/netman/16g.html#contrib
are sufficient to describe the content of IEEE 802.16g-06/002.

For full details, see the IEEE 802.16 Working Group Letter Ballot #19
Announcement:
	http://ieee802.org/16/docs/06/80216-06_005.pdf

Please note that Letter Ballot #19 is not requesting your comments on
the contents of the P802.16g working document; it is instead just
asking whether it the document is ready to ballot as a draft.
Comments on the draft will be welcome in the following Letter Ballot
#20. Subclause 4.1.3 of the ballot announcement says: "There is no
expectation of comment resolution in this ballot. If Letter Ballot
#19 is successful, any comments on the document under review will be
included in the following Working Group Letter Ballot review of the
P802.16g draft."

Due to the delay in providing this information, I'll extend the
deadline until January 29 AOE.

Roger

--

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov> +1 303 497 7837
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO, USA