[STDS-802-16] ACTION REQUIRED - Entry visas and Invitation letters to Israel.

Dear 802.16 Members and Participants,

I would like to start with the description of the status.

We have received some 20 visa questionnaires. After we've communicated with
the people and provided further guidance and explanations, we've received
only 3 completed visa application forms. I'm glad to say that Adi Lahav has
already run the process for all three, and the visas have been granted -
thanks Adi!

Given that in March there were 218 attendees in 802.16 meetings (178 with
participation credit), I was surprised by the small amount of people who
asked for a help with visa. I hope that by now your plans have crystallized,
and I urge all people intending to participate (in IEEE and/or WiMAX) to act
on the issue of visa.

We are sending out invitation letters to all IEEE (and WiMAX) participants.
PLEASE SEND by email  to Adi Lahav (with a cc to me) the details which need
to appear in the invitation letter - your name, passport number, issuing
country, date of issue, country of residence, job title and the company you
work for. Please write the phy-mail address to which the invitation letter
needs to be sent. Please send the details by  WEDNESDAY, MARCH 29, and we
will mail the invitation letters urgently. Please do so even if there is
still doubt whether you come or not.

From here on you have two options with the visas:

Option 1) Ask for the visa in the embassy or consulate in your country. You
can find one at the link to the offices of the Israeli Ministry of Foreign
Affairs in different countries:
http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/About+the+Ministry/Diplomatic+missions/Web%20Sites
%20of%20Israeli%20Missions%20Abroad
After reaching the website of the office in your country, follow the links:
Departments > Consular Services > Local Visa Information. There you'll find
an information about the process and the requirements for the visa to Israel
for your country. From what I found at those web sites, the process takes up
to two weeks. For the residents of US I would like to mention specifically
that if you are a citizen, you do not need a visa, otherwise you do. You
will need an invitation letter mentioned above.

Option 2) You can still use the process of issuing the visa by submitting
the forms to us and we will handle the issue of visas. For this you will
need to write to Mrs. Adi Lahav with a request to do so - she will send you
the visa application forms and instruct you how to proceed. My suggestion is
to follow this procedure in the cases that there are any special
circumstances that may require our assistance, such as country of birth, fax
visa (as opposed to visa imprinted in your passport) and so on. PLEASE SEND
us the request (accopmpanied by the questionnaire found at
http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg43/VisaInfo.doc) by WEDNESDAY, MARCH 29.

If you have any doubts about the process or need our assistance, please
write us (Adi and myself) and we will address your issues; if the issues are
of a general nature we will send further clarifications to the reflector.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind you to register to the
conference at the web site http://www.myreg.co.il/IEEEisrael and to remind
you that after April 6 the registration fees will increase.

See you all,

Naftali

Naftali Chayat, Chief Scientist
Alvarion Ltd.
21a HaBarzel Street
P.O.Box 13139, Tel Aviv 61131, Israel
Mobile: +972-54-4225549
Tel: +972-3-645-7801/6262
Fax: +972-3-645-6290
email: naftali.chayat@alvarion.com
www.alvarion.com

This mail was sent via mail.alvarion.com