Re: [STDS-802-16] One question about bandwidth distribution

Hi, Frank,

Thank you very much for explaination.

Actually, I did not do any test with WLAN, I just want to know exactly how WiMAX works with multiple CPEs and try to explain whether the results I got from the test are correct.
I knew that a WiMAX CPE only sends bandwidth request to BS and waits for the bandwidth allocation info from BS. But does it mean there is no exact principle for the bandwidth allocation?
First, how the CPE decides the bandwidth it requires?
Second, how the BS allocates the bandwidth to the CPE? If there is only one CPE, I think BS is going to assign the whole bandwidth to it. But if there are multiple CPEs, how BS distribute the bandwidth?

Third, the results I got are different in uplink and downlink, so I want to know is there difference between UL and DL.

Sorry for so many questions. As a new guy, I expect your help!

Best Regards!
Richard