[STDS-802-16] [MMR-AH-UM] Agenda for 6/8/06 Meeting of Multihop Relay Usage Model Ad Hoc Group

Dear Ad Hoc participants,

I just noticed that my mail announcing this week’s meeting had the incorrect date (6/1) in the subject line and the correct date (6/8) in the body. I apologize for this error. Hopefully this will not cause problems.

Agenda for the 6/8/06:

-          Roll call

-          Discuss points raised in email discussion:

-          Should we create a separate figure for each of the usage models

-          In Figure 2 (the link types figure)

o        Should we show connections between an MS and two RSs or RS and BS to indicate SHO and cooperative relaying (see proposed figure from David Steer on the upload server and emails from various perticipants)

o        Should we drop the distinction between mobile, nomadic, and fixed RS in the diagram?

o        The figure implies that nomadic RSs can communicate to other nomadic RSs. Do we believe that the temporary usage model suggest this type of usage?

-          In Section 5.3

o        Are asymmetric routes suggested by any of the usage models?

o        Should we discuss separation of data and control plane traffic (RS transmits unicast data, but not control transmissions or broadcast messages) (see emails from Gang Shen and others).

o        Is the updated figure on route types clear and is this the correct level of detail?

-          Section 6.3 – need to discuss what should go in this section. What are the attributes that make an RS more or less complex (see Asa’s email for his comments)

-          Section 6.4 – need to discuss again the level of detail that should be captured in this section

-          Section 6 in general – is there any missing content?

-          Discuss any other technical comments on the current draft

-          Access the status of the draft – do we have consensus?

-          Discuss next steps

o        Proposals for additional usage models?

o        Wrapping up the editing of the contribution