[STDS-802-16] [MMR-AH-UM] Minutes from 6/15 Meeting of Multihop Relay Usage Model Ad Hoc Group

Meeting Time: Thursday June 15, 2006 06:00 – 08:00 PDT

Venue: conference call

Minutes:

- Please let me know if I’ve missed any participants.

- The following minutes capture the major points of discussion and agreement/disagreement. I did not attempt to capture everybody’s statements/positions in the minutes. If I have omitted anything significant, please let me know

1)       Group agreed to remove the detailed diagrams and tables from section 6.3 (Antenna usage) and replace it with a statement that the usage models do not call for limits on the types of antennas that can be used. Also we agreed to put an example list of antenna types that might be used.

2)       Group agreed to remove section 6.4 Availability and add text to sections 3.1 – 3.4 to discuss how/when RSs might enter exit the network.

3)       Group agreed that we will not add text to section 5.3 to limit the selection of routes to a centralized scheme because this strays into the area of specifying solutions

4)       Group agreed to remove the last sentence of section 5.3 because it discusses solutions rather than usage models.

5)       Group agreed that the current document (with changes agreed to today) is has majority consensus.

6)       Matt Sherman briefly introduced the military usage model that he and others are proposing. Rather than proposing a separate section, they are proposing additional text and changes to the existing sections. Matt has uploaded a version of the proposal to the temp directory, but the proposal is based on a previous version of the document. Matt will create a new version based on the current version of the document and upload for review. Group will discuss this proposal at the next meeting of the Ad Hoc Group.

Attendees:

Aik Chindapol – Siemens

Keith Conner - BAE Systems

David Choukroun - Sequans

Dazi Feng – ZTE

Heng-Iang Hsu – Institute for Information Industry

Peng-Yong Kong – I2R

Yung-Ting Lee – Institute for Information Industry

Sungjin Lee - Samsung

Matty Levanda - Winetworks

Kanchei (Ken) Loa – Institute for Information Industry

Mohsin Mollah – Motorola

Mitsuo Nohara - KDDI

Shashikant Maheshwari - Nokia

Asa Masahito – Motorola

Paul Piggin - Nextwave Broadband

Arvind Raghavan - ArrayComm

Shyamal Ramachandran - motorola

Frank Ren - ITRI

Gamini Senarath - Nortel

Gang Shen - Alcatel

Matt Sherman - BAE Systems

Shiann-Tsang Sheu – Institute for Information Industry

DJ Shyy – MITRE

David Steer - Nortel

Yong Sun - Toshiba

Jerry Sydir - Intel

Koon Hoo Teo - Mitsubishi

Frank C. D.Tsai - III

Haiguang Wang – I2R

Jen-Shun Yang - ITRI

Hua-Chiang Yin – Institute for Information Industry

Peiying Zhu – Nortel