From: Yong Sun [mailto:Sun@toshiba-trel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:11 AM
To: Sydir, Jerry
Cc: Dharma Basgeet; Paul Strauch; Yong Sun
Subject: [STDS-802-16] [MMR-AH-UM] Multihop Relay Usage Model Ad Hoc Group

Dear Jerry and all,

Might I comment on the ‘Temporary Coverage Usage Model’: the first example of ‘Emergency/Disaster Recover’ said that:

      ‘In this case fixed infrastructure may have been destroyed or coverage is required in areas that are not serviced by fixed infrastructure deployments’

      And then, it said that:

‘The detailed usage scenarios in this model are similar to those of the fixed infrastructure usage model’

It is a little bit mismatched when read it through: in case that the entire fixed infrastructure were destroyed, how to use a fixed infrastructure (or similar fixed infrastructure) – do we suggest/require to re-built a fixed infrastructure on disaster site and treat the new-set of fixed relay as nomadic relay? – even though it can be fully understood from the first sentence of the section that nomadic relay is employed. Anyway, I suggest rewording this part just making it clearer (together with the next point – new figure).

Furthermore, might I also suggest considering use different figure for this scenario since it is not very similar (please find the attached figure as a version, which is editable, to show the difference, the RS in this figure is not fixed relay and is also different from mobile relay we have defined in this document so far).

Also, for the mobile relay usage model section, it should make clearer if MS can communicate to any RSs or MS is required to communicate with mobile vehicle carried RS (especially for the tunnel one)

Best regards,

Yong Sun

Toshiba Research Europe Limited

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController.