Re: [STDS-802-16] Question about sleep mode - power saving class I deactivation

Hello Tassos Michail
This is my understanding of the sleep mode Power saving class type 1.

The MS in MOB_SLP-REQ indicates to BS using  "traffic triggered wakening flag", the procedure BS should follow when
there is a pending traffic for a connection which is in active sleep mode.

If the "traffic triggered wakening flag"is set to 0, it denotes that BS can not deactivate the sleep mode on arrival of traffic and hence requires
BS to notify the SS of pending traffic using the MOB_TRF-IND as denoted by TRF-IND required flag setting during the listening interval

But if the "traffic triggered wakening flag"is set to 1, it means that BS will deactivate the sleep mode connection if there is pending traffic
by sending the MAC SDUs to SS during the listening interval.

Hence this means that BS can send the SDU to SS which is in listening interval of a sleep mode for deactivation of sleep mode.
But SS will not send a SDU for deactivation. In this case SS agrees for receiving the MAC SDUs in listening interval as a means of deactivation
by setting the traffic triggered wakening flag to 1.

Hence i do not think there is any contradiction.

Thanks,
Murali Mohan
Sr. Software Engineer
L&T Infotech