[STDS-802-16] Question about sleep mode - power saving class I deactivation

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the deactivation mechanism of power saving classes (PSC) of type I.

 According to section 6.3.21.2 in 802.16e-2005:
During active state of Power Saving Class I, the MS is not expected to send or receive any MAC SDUs or their fragments or to send bandwidth requests at connections that belong to the Power Saving Class.

However, in the next paragraph the text says that for the case of traffic triggered wakening flag=1, the power saving class may be deactivated if BS transmits a MAC SDU during availability interval.

Does this mean that the BS can go ahead and send a MAC SDU without a MOB_TRF-IND message and if yes is the MS supposed to be able to receive the DL transmission? Those 2 statements sound contradictory. I would appreciate it if anyone can provide some clarification or point me to the relevant discussion if this has been addressed before.

Thanks

Tassos Michail
Sr. Systems Architect
Aperto Networks