[STDS-802-16] Acting Chair at Session #47

Dear 802.16 Participants,

I will not attend Session #47 in January. This will be the first
session I have missed, after 51 in a row (including including
Sessions #0-#46 of the Working Group, plus four prior sessions of the
Study Group and the pre-Study Group). I regret that my string will be
broken.

I will miss the session so that I may travel to Cameroon for an
important meeting of ITU-R Working Party 8F. As you know, IEEE 802.16
will have some critical business in front of WP 8F at that meeting.
The Working Group has submitted a contribution requesting that the
IMT-2000 umbrella be expanded to include "IP-OFDMA", which is defined
to comply with IEEE Std 802.16:
	http://ieee802.org/16/liaison/docs/L80216-06_031.pdf

Based on advice I have received from a number of experienced
participants in WP 8F, I believe that it will be important for the WG
Chair to attend the meeting to present the contribution, help explain
it, and engage in the ensuing discussion. It is important that I
attend the meeting from the start, on Wednesday 17 January. Given the
limited schedule of flights from Europe to Cameroon, it is not
feasible for me to attend even the beginning of Session #47.

In my absence, WG Vice Chair Jose Puthenkulam will serve as Acting
Chair. Since Jose has not yet had the experience of organizing a
session, including the Opening and Closing Plenary Meetings, I expect
to assist by providing significant advance planning, in coordination
with the Task Group and committee chairs. Note that the ITU Liaison
Group will not meet at Session #47; I'm happy that José Costa will be
in Cameroon with me.

Regards,

Roger