[STDS-802-16] Important news: date change for Session #49 (May 2007)

Folks,

This note carries important news regarding a change of date for
Session #49 (May 2007):
	http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg49

The new dates are 7-10 May 2007, two weeks earlier. The location
remains Portland, OR, USA.

The primary purpose of the date change is to eliminate overlap with
the ITU-R WP 8F session, which begins on 23 May in Kyoto, Japan. 8F
is becoming an important partner, with interactions in several areas,
and I expect multiple participants to want to attend both sessions.
Given the long flight and the change of time zone, it would have been
impossible for anyone to participate in Portland and still arrive
during the first week of the 8F meeting.

In order to aid in the cooperation, Jose Puthenkulam (the session
host as well as the WG Vice Chair) and I agreed that a change of
schedule would be in order. Jose has worked out the details with the
local hotel. I appreciate his flexibility and the extra work required
by Jose and his organizing team.

The new dates are chosen to minimize disruption. We still avoid
overlap with the interim session of the other 802 wireless groups,
and we did not identify any new conflicts. We will have 53 days
between Session #48 and Session #49. This is enough time for a normal
ballot cycle. When we planned the original dates, I wanted to allow
extra time in case we received conditional approval in March to send
a draft to Sponsor Ballot. However, at this time, I don't expect any
of our drafts to be in that position. If this change affects your
plans, we do apologize, but we believe that this decision is for the
best.

Please update your calendar. All of the 802.16 web pages have been
updated accordingly.

Regards,

Roger