[STDS-802-16] site selection for Session #53 (January 2008)

Dear IEEE 802.16 Participants:

At the Closing Plenary of Session #48, I will be scheduling agenda
time to select a site for Session #53 in January 2008.

There has been some discussion with IEEE 802 of hosting a joint
interim, possibly in Sydney. I have not committed 802.16 to
participate <http://www.ieee802.org/secmail/msg08843.html>, and some
EC members have spoken against this idea <http://www.ieee802.org/
secmail/msg08873.html>.

If you are interested in hosting Session #53, you should prepare a
proposal, as detailed in Clause 10 ("Site Selection") of the IEEE
802.16 Interim Session Guidelines:
	<http://ieee802.org/16/docs/04/80216-04_67.pdf>.

Those guidelines will also provide you with the information you need
to plan a session. Note that the attendance figures in the guidelines
are low based on recent attendance. Some of the other details may
also be a bit out of date. Please feel free to contact me if you need
any more information. I'll be happy to answer questions.

Please consider the dates you propose and potential conflicts.

Regards,

Roger