[STDS-802-16] Question about mesh parameters - Mx and Exp

Hi all,

I have another question regarding the mesh mode parameters while reading.
In the standard, it states that the next_transmission_time (next_Xmt_time)
should satisfy 2^Exp*Mx < next_Xmt_time <= 2^Exp*(Mx+1). To my
understanding, the Mx parameter contains the position (on the time axis)
information, and the Exp contains the occupation information. The standard
also says that the node is able to transmit during this transmission
interval. However, one thing confuses me is that whether a node is suppose
to occupy the whole duration or not. For example, node k has a parameter
setting of Mx=4 and Exp=2, after calculation, we have
16<next_Xmt_time<=20. The question is, does node k occupies all the 4
consecutive time slots (16,20] to transmit, or it just choose one of them?
If the latter is the case, how should it decide? Thank you in advance!

Best regards!

Huang Wen
Mobile: 65876022