[STDS-802-16] [802.16] UMAC related clarifications for September Call for Contributions

Dear All,

In the Call for Contributions issued for September meeting (IEEE 802.16m-08/033.pdf), the topic Data Plane Functions will consist of the following subtopics:

1. Data Plane related functions (including, but not limited to, QoS, ARQ, MAC PDU construction incl. (sub-)headers).

2. Network Entry.

3. Connection Establishment and maintenance.

We are aiming for closure on the basic and essential functions in Upper MAC (viz. Addressing, Handover, Power Saving, Data Plane functions, Network Entry and Connection Management) before moving to other optional Upper MAC functions. The call for contributions on the first 3 topics was already issued in July and the call for contributions on the last three topics is what we are calling for in September.

The aforementioned clarification to the September CfC has already been discussed with the TGm Chair.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Phil Barber, Rakesh Taori and Muthu Venkatachalam

The UMAC RG chairs.