From: "Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA)" <matthew.sherman@BAESYSTEMS.COM>
Date: 26 November 2008 6:27:12 AM MST
Subject: [802SEC] Reflector and activities for ECSG on TV Whitespace

All,

The reflector for the IEEE802 Executive Committee Study Group (ECSG) on TV Whitespace is now active.  This reflector has been set up so that we don't overburden the EC reflector with traffic for that group.  I ask IEEE802 Working Group Chairs to forward this information to their working groups so that they are aware that this reflector now exists and can participate in the ECSG if desired.  I will forward this notice to others outside of IEEE802 I know are interested.  Please feel free to do the same.

I plan to conduct most of the planning activities for the ECSG on TV Whitespace via this reflector.

To subscribe to the Whitespace reflector please go to:

The process is pretty intuitive, but if you need assistance, please go to:

As previously announced, a series of teleconferences is planned (every 2 weeks) starting on December 2nd at 1 PM EST.

The call in for the teleconference on Dec 2nd is:

Toll Free Dial In Number:                 (866)205-4008
Int'l Access/Caller Paid Dial In Number:  (801)886-8167
ACCESS CODE:                              6336344
Security Code:                            802

No webex is currently planned for the first meeting (but may be added). Future meetings may use a different call-in / webex, but this will be announced on the reflector.

Currently planned agenda:
           Attendance
           Review / Approve Agenda
           Review IEEE patent policy
           Review purpose of ECSG and teleconferences
           Discuss how best to address tasks assigned to the ECSG:
           Assess the impact of the FCC White Space R&O on IEEE 802 activities
           Identify Use Cases of TV White Space Spectrum
           Identify what functions may be common across 802 technologies
           Begin technical discussion on how to enable coexistence between various
           802 technologies in the shared TV white space spectrum
           Prepare a Tutorial for March Plenary
           Make recommendations to 802 EC by March 2009 on next steps
           Adjourn

If this agenda is not completed, it will be continued the following teleconference.  I'm not expecting to accept contributions for the ECSG until the second teleconference.  A shared area for posting of contributions is being prepared and will be available shortly.

Please let me know if you have any comments / questions concerning this activity.

Best Regards,

Matthew Sherman
Chair, IEEE 802 ECSG on TV Whitespace
1st Vice Cahir, IEEE 802
Office: +1 973.633.6344
Cell: +1 973.229.9520
Fax:    +1 973.633.6004
email:  matthew.sherman@baesystems.com

This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.  This list is maintained by Listserv.