[STDS-802-16] AWD Editor's Report and Session 62 Plans

All,

Last week, Roger posted the AWD Editor's Report (802.16m-09/0029), which included some recommendations that were designed to help speed up the process of creating a new revision of the AWD as well as to help reduce errors and omissions in the document.

In addition to these recommendations, I would also like to solicit editorial help from the group. We anticipate that not everyone will be able to submit documents in FrameMaker, so we're looking for people who have a copy of FrameMaker (and who are proficient in the use of the software) to help out by converting accepted Word (or other) contributions to FrameMaker format.

Following Session 62, I will hold a brief Editor's meeting on Friday morning, July 17. The meeting space will be arranged later and announced during Session 62. I'm announcing this now so you have time to book your flights accordingly. During the Editor's meeting, we will analyze the work load of each of the accepted contributions and split up the work according to level of difficulty and how much time each person can dedicate to the task.

If you are unable to attend the Editor's meeting but would like to help out, send me a personal email message and I'll put you on the list. Please don't respond to volunteer over the reflector as it creates unnecessary noise.

Thanks,
Ron Murias
AWD Editor