[STDS-802-16] [Relay DG] Group Kickoff, Email List Formation, and First Conference Call Announcement

Dear All,

This is kick-off email for the relay DG.

Anyone interested in joining the Relay DG and contributing to it, should send an email to the DG chairs jerry.sydir@intel.com and rakesh.taori@samsung.com) no later than Tuesday 7 pm PST.  Those who have already sent emails asking to join do not need to resend them.

The Relay DG participants are strongly encouraged to read the "Relay DG closing report" (C80216m-09_2134.ppt) and pay particular attention to the following:
(a) Scope for the relay activity (See Slide 6 of the closing report)
(b) The agreed table of Contents (See Slide 7)
(c) The agreed work plan (See slides 8 and 9)

Minutes of the meeting can be found in C80216m-09_2135.doc

The discussion drafts, prepared by the chairs, will be uploaded to the "temp" directory of the 802.16 WG server (http://upload.wirelessman.org). Participants should use this server if they are providing feedback or support material. Please do not send attachments in the e-mail.

We will upload the first draft to the temp server tomorrow.

The first conf call will be held on 8th Sept 7 PM PST. The bridge details are as follows:

 +1 916-356-2663 Bridge: 5, Passcode: 6173559

Although, we will publish a detailed agenda by Monday, it would be helpful to share the rough plan here: Our focus will be:
(i) Identify omissions, if any.
(ii) Make decisions (by means of straw poll) on topics that have multiple contributions expressing different technical solutions. We have identified the options, as you can see in the attached draft. These will also be discussed during the call.

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Jerry Sydir and Rakesh Taori
Relay DG chairs.