Re: [STDS-802-16] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot: P802.16m to Sponsor Ballot (conditional) +++

Dear Roger,

It's great that we have gained conditional approval from EC members!
Thanks for your and members' great support for this.

To emphasize the importance of meeting 16m schedule, I would like to
emphasize what WE CAN DO to support this by copying your message a few days
ago.

-------
Please note that, according to the IEEE 802.16m Work Plan:
	<http://ieee802.org/16/tgm/docs/80216m-10_0010.pdf>,
the intention of the WG is to quickly move to open Sponsor Ballot on
P802.16m/D6, with comment
resolution at Session #68. Therefore, if you have comments on P802.16m/D6,
you can consider holding them for Sponsor Ballot.
-------

Thanks.

Best regards,

Hokyu

P802.16m for
> Sponsor Ballot. Therefore, if WG Letter Ballot Recirc #31b closes
successfully, we
> can move on to a 30-day Sponsor Ballot prior to Session #68.
>
> Roger
>

> > Colleagues,
> >
> > With the ballot deadline now passed, I have summarized the results
below.
> Please notify me of any errors.
> >
> > Roger
> >
> > VC	APP	Pat Thaler
> > VC	APP	Mat Sherman
> > ES	APP	Jon Rosdahl
> > RS	APP	James Gilb
> > TR	APP	John Hawkins
> > 1	APP	Tony Jeffree
> > 3	APP	David Law
> > 11	APP	Bruce Kraemer
> > 15	APP	Bob Heile
> > 16	APP	Roger Marks
> > 17	APP	John Lemon
> > 18	APP	Mike Lynch
> > 19	DNV	Steve Shellhammer
> > 20	APP	Mark Klerer
> > 21	APP	Subir Das
> > 22	APP	Apurva Mody
> >
> > APP: 15
> > DIS: 0
> > ABS: 0
> > DNV: 1
> >
> > On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Roger B. Marks <r.b.marks@ieee.org>
wrote:
> >> To: 802 EC
> >> cc: 802.16 Reflector
> >>
> >> Colleagues,
> >>
> >> Paul has authorized me to issue the following motion for your
consideration.

> >> Motion: To grant conditional approval, per the IEEE 802 Operations
Manual, to
> forward P802.16m for Sponsor Ballot.
> >>
> >> Moved:    Roger Marks
> >> Seconded: Subir Das
> >>
> >> Start of ballot: Friday 14 May 2010, 10:00 ET
> >> Close of ballot: Monday 24 May 2010, 12:00 ET
> >>
> >> Early close: Not requested.
> >>
> >> Information:
> >>
> >> (1) I have provided all the supporting material in document IEEE
802.16-
> 10/0037r1 <http://ieee802.org/16/docs/#10_0037>. The summary results from
WG
> Letter Ballot are as follows:
> >>      Approve: 291 (98.3%)
> >>      Disapprove with comments: 5
> >>      Abstain: 5
> >>
> >> (2) I know that many of you are busy with interim sessions this week,
and I'm
> sorry to bother you with this. However, I am fully confident that
conditional
> approval is justified, and we have a window of opportunity to run Sponsor
Ballot
> prior to the July Plenary.
> >>
> >> (3) Please recall that I notified the EC at our last meeting (19 March)
of my