Re: [STDS-802-16] Smart Grid notice

Bruce,

I've discussed this with Tim Godfrey of IEEE 802.16's GRIDMAN Task Group. It's our view that 802.16 need not respond to this RFI, since the RFI addresses only the home area network (HAN), where 802.16 is not focussed. I'm notifying the 802.16 reflector, in case the membership has other opinions.

Regards,

Roger

P.S. For interested 802.16 participants, the topic is the Australian National Smart Metering Program's request for information (RFI) asking standards organisations to provide information on the capabilities of their home area network (HAN) interface standard: