From: "js.choi" <js.choi@lge.com>
From Date: 2011-02-21 오후 4:53:30
To: "'차재선'" <jscha@etri.re.kr>, "STDS-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG" <STDS-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-16] [802.16p][DEV RG] Discussion on Group Resource Allocation

Dear Jaesun,

Thanks for initiating issue discussion on group resource allocation for M2M. After reviewing your proposal, I’d like to ask two questions for further understanding.

First, I agree it would be helpful to introduce new grouping criteria on M2M subscriber because probably there will be similar traffic patterns and applications to be supported among M2M devices. In addition, if we agree on that criteria, the existing number of group IDs may not be enough as you mentioned. Then, are you considering M2M devices shall be used only with the new group ID range (129-TBD in your proposal) or they can be still included within the existing group IDs, too?

Second, assuming new grouping criteria on M2M subscriber, what is your consideration on addition/deletion per AMS flow from a certain group? Is it still applied based on the existing mechanism (i.e. using group configuration MAC control message, etc)?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jinsoo

LG Electronics.

Jaesun Cha

Senior Engineer
Wireless Access Technology Research Team
Mobile Telecommunication Research Laboratory
Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute
TEL: +82-42-860-5587, FAX: +82-42-861-1966