[STDS-802-16] Fwd: IEEE Std 802.16/Conformance04-2006 Due for Maintenance in 2011

Please note that IEEE Std 802.16/Conformance04-2006 is coming due for five-year maintenance action this year.

We should make a decision by the July 802 Plenary. We can discuss this at Session #72 next week.

Roger

Begin forwarded message:

Paul Nikolich,

C/LM has some standards that are due for a 5-year maintenance action by the end of 2011. In accordance with the IEEE-SA Standards Board Operations Manual, Section 9, standards are approved for five years and the Sponsor is required to take a maintenance action by the end of that period. The following are your options:

a) reaffirm
b) revise

c) stabilize
d) extend
e) withdraw

You can find more information about these options at
http://standards.ieee.org/develop/policies/opman/sect9.html

Please notify me of your intended action by 17 October 2011, the submittal deadline for the December 2011 Standards Board Meeting Series. If I do not receive a response, the standards in question will be placed on the agenda for administrative withdrawal.

If the Sponsor chooses to revise, reaffirm, or stabilize the standard but will not be able to complete the process by the October submittal deadline, please send me an email to a) request an extension of the existing standard and b) provide information about the actions that are being taken. Please also provide estimates for when the reaffirmation will be submitted or, in case of revision, when the PAR will be submitted and when you anticipate completing the revision project.

If there is no further interest in a standard and the Sponsor wishes it to be withdrawn, no ballot is required. The standard will be administratively withdrawn in December 2011. (Please notify me if the Sponsor decides that a standard should be withdrawn. Also, please note that standards that have been administratively withdrawn can no longer be reinstated via reaffirmation. In order to reinstate an administratively withdrawn standard, a PAR has to be submitted.)

The standards in question are:

        802.16/Conformance04-2006 IEEE Standard for Conformance to IEEE 802.16 - Part 4: Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement (PICS) Proforma for Frequencies below 11 GHz

Best regards,

Karen M. Evangelista
IEEE - SA Governance, Administrator
IEEE Standards Activities Department