[STDS-802-16] Release of Draft P802.16Rev3/D1

Dear 802.16,

P802.16Rev3/D1 is now available:
http://ieee802.org/16/private/drafts/maint/P80216Rev3_D1.zip

As you recall, we had intended to have this document released by August 15. We hope that the quality of the work, by a professional editor arranged by the IEEE-SA staff, will make up for the slight delay.

Please begin reviewing this draft and preparing to submit comments. Detailed instructions will be available in a Call for Comments announcement to follow. The original plan was to set a comment deadline of 9 Sept and a Reply Comment deadline of 17 Sept. Given the delay, we may extend those deadlines a bit.

Also, please note that the first draft of P802.16.1 is also overdue. Due to the extra time required by the professional editor in the case of the P802.16Rev3 draft, I'm working to get the P802.16.1 draft assembled more quickly with the help of an outstanding WG volunteer member. We hope to have that draft ready soon.

Roger

Roger B. Marks <roger@consensii.com>
Consensii LLC <http://consensii.com>