[STDS-802-16] IMPORTANT: new IEEE 802.16 documentation system begins at the end of 2011 AOE

Dear IEEE 802.16 Participants,

I would like to introduce you to the new IEEE 802.16 documentation system that will go into effect at the End of 2011 AOE. The new submission process is described in the IEEE 802.16 Document Submission Instructions; see that link for full details.

Here are the key changes:

(1) We will begin using the IEEE Mentor documentation system for documents and contributions. This is an IEEE-supported system, with custom 802.16 identifiers.

(2) The Mentor system requires some changes to the document numbering format. For example, a single sequence of serial numbers will apply to all documents of the WG and its subgroups. Also, the codes used to identify the type of document and the subgroup have been changed, partly due to Mentor requirements.

(3) An IEEE Web Account is required to upload.

(4) A new document template (IEEE 802.16 Mentor Document Template, Rev. 0) is coming into effect in 2012 as well.

(5) We will retain the legacy upload system at <http://upload.wirelessman.org> for ballot comments and other temporary storage. All contributed documents (including those referenced in your ballot comments) need to go to Mentor.

Please do not upload any more numbered documents, in either system, until the  End of 2011 AOE.

Thanks to Tim Godfrey and Erik Colban for helping me to work through the documentation plan.

Happy 2012 EOE*!

Regards,

Roger

*Everywhere on Earth!