[STDS-802-16] IEEE 802 EC actions on 802.16 issues at EC Closing Meeting of 2012-11-16

Folks,

Today's EC Closing Meeting has adjourned. All of the 802.16 Working Group's proposals have been approved.

For details, see:
http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg82/802ec

Thanks to all the 802.16 participants, and especially to the chairs, for the hard work leading to this progress.

Here are a few followup issues:

*Harry Bims is now serving as IEEE 802.16 Working Group Vice Chair, with a term running through the end of the March 2014 IEEE 802 Plenary.

*The IEEE 802.16 HetNet and Metrology Study Groups have completed their successful activities and are now terminated.

*The proposals of the IEEE 802.16 WG and the HetNet SG to initiate the IEEE 802 EC OmniRAN Study Group was approved. Our recommendation that Max Riegel chair the EC OmniRAN Study Group was approved.

*We received conditional approval to forward P802.16n and P802.16.1a to RevCom. The plan is to complete the conditions with a December recirculation and comment resolution at Session #83, with submission to RevCom by its 24 January deadline.

*The EC agreed to forward the P802.16r PAR (the Small Cell Backhaul amendment) to NesCom. Discussion of the PAR is already on the 4 Dec 2012 NesCom Agenda. I have notified NesCom of the agreed modifications.

Thanks again for the great work on these issues, and on the other issues as well.

Roger

Roger B. Marks <roger@consensii.com>
Consensii LLC <http://consensii.com>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access <http://WirelessMAN.org>