From: Harry Peng
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 6:13 PM
Subject: RE: [RPRWG] Cut through definition?

If this scheme is adopted then I don't see how this would work with cut through mode and GFP.
Hence it is no longer L1 agnostics. Should we not support cut-through then?
Is this a bad thing for RPR? I think I will let the someone else answer the question!

I would like to make it clear that we, Nortel, are like everybody else, that we will support
GFP on our equipment when the 3rd party silicon vendors sell GFP compliant chips.

What is the original goal for preemption? Are you providing a solution that is more
complicated than it's worth. What about test equipment complexity.

Lastly, there are those who believe that RPR is more than just for packet based network.

Harry