Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 8:00 PM
Subject: Re: [RPRWG] Definition of terms - First set

Hello Harmen

Great work!! A long list with several terms and definitions!

As I was going through it, I got some questions about them.

   I could not understand what you mean by "transfer an immediate node of the
   ring between source and destination" in the definition of a Transit node
   delay. Am I missing anything?
   round-trip delay definition: I'm not sure if I agree with the definition,
   since round-trip delay has a more general definition (delay for a packet to
   leave one node, reach its destination, and then come back to the source of
   the packet). In order to avoid confusion, isn't better if we define a more
   specific term for the definition we want in RPR for the control packet? (such
   as effective control delay, or even control round trip delay, any other
   term?)
   Also, I think there is a typo on the round-trip delay definition "time
   required for a control packet to reach itS destination...".