Re: [RPRWG] RPR Perf: Non-uniform distribution

Actually, in several of our larger rings, we currently have 2 to 4 points with
connections to our core.  With most LEC infrastructure being OC48, I can only
see this trend continuing.  On the other hand, in most major markets, there is
only one POP (depending on who your long haul connection is).  (just the @Home 2
cents)

Komal Rathi wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> I agree with you that there will probably not be high multi-homing within a
> MAN ring in the near term. A more realistic scenario will most likely be 2
> or more hubs (POPs) on the ring and unequal traffic going "off-ring" at each
> hub. Do you have any suggestions for a set of realistic non-uniform traffic
> patterns?
>
> Thanks,
> Komal

begin:vcard
n:Eatherton;Lewis
tel;pager:650.444.2636
tel;cell:650.444.2636
tel;fax:650.556.3249
tel;home:650.654.4249
tel;work:650.556.5022
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.home.net
org:Excite@Home;Regional Deployment Engineering
adr:;;420 Broadway Ave;Redwood City;CA;94070;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:leathert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Architect
note;quoted-printable:Network: Any thing reticulated, or decussated, at equal distances, with interstices  between the intersections  -- Samuel =0D=0AJohnson, "A Dictionary of the English Language", London 1755
fn:Lewis
end:vcard