From: Stein Gjessing [mailto:steing@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 11:41 PM
To: stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [RPRWG] RPR Perf: Single vs. Dual ring?

Samian,

I agree that a single ring will demonstrate the performance characteristics
of interest if we disregard flow control.
Analyzing performance with flow control (by sending flow control
packets upstream), the dual rings are of course necessary.
Then the interference between flow control packets and data packets
also become an interesting issue.

(Also remember that packets are going at most half way around on one ring)

Stein Gjessing
University of Oslo