From: owner-stds-802-17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-stds-802-17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
thanh.nguyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 11:27 AM
To: Siamack Ayandeh
Cc: owner-stds-802-17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx; Ajay
Kamalvanshi
Subject: Re: [RPRWG] RPR and 1+1 linear APS like configuration.

I thought 1+1 APS Linear is for point-to-point configuration not for ring
configuration as in RPR. You would need to take a look at Ring APS since
RPR's IPS is very similar to Ring APS. The difference is that Ring APS is a
layer 1 protocol and IPS is a layer 2 protocol. So the simple answer is
still a no.

Thanh

                    Siamack Ayandeh
                    <sayandeh@xxxxxxxxxx>             To:     Ajay Kamalvanshi
<vanshi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                    Sent by:                          cc:
stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx, owner-stds-802-17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    owner-stds-802-17@majordom        Subject:     Re: [RPRWG]
RPR and 1+1 linear APS like configuration.
                    o.ieee.org

                    08/03/2001 08:56 AM

Ajay,

RPR is a frame based technology.  Not sure what you have in mind in terms
of 1+1.  Could you please elaborate.  The simple answer seems to be no.

Thakns, Siamack

Ajay Kamalvanshi wrote:
Hi All,    I have read few of the documents that are published/posted on
web and I have this very basic question regarding 802.17. Can RPR used to
implement something like 1+1 linear non-revertive APS equivalent. One
simple way is to look at it as a ring with two nodes and four links. If a
link breaks other link can be reused. Since I did not see this mentioned
specifically I was wondering if it is a possible configuration for
RPR. Thanks,vanshi