Re: [RPRWG] RPR and 1+1 linear APS like configuration.

Hi Siamack,

   Thanks for responding quickly. I do understand that RPR is frame based technology but I am wondering if the same approach can be applied to point to point too. Here is the background. Currently, we are using POS and have 1+1 APS redundancy i.e. we have two pairs of fiber cable, on event on failure of one, automatic switch is done to the functional pair. Now, that we want to use Gige, I was wondering if we could find some standard that could address this problem. RPR (particularly IPS portion) looks very similar to what would be practical.  I feel that point to point is a special case of ring (well a ring with two nodes).

Could you point me to some standard that would address this more than RPR?  I feel like APS there should be some standard that addresses ring as well as point to point resieliency (multihoming does not have the kind of availablity that is required critical network design).

-Ajay