Re: [RPRWG] Balloting On "Terms and Definitions" Begins Today!

Raj you have good questions.  Let me begin with your last question.

If you want to add a term not presently contained in the Terms and Definitions, then put that comment in where the term would go in alphabetical order.

For example, if you thought that the term "geek" was missing from the definition list, you would put in a comment as follows:
    Page 5, Section 1, Subsection 63, Line 138, Editorial,  Optional:
    Concern:  The term "geek" is missing
    Proposed Solution:  Insert before "global fairness"   1.63 geek:  an incredibly smart person.

If you believe the document contains some other omission, like a new section is needed, but you don't know where it would go, then you could submit that comment as a global comment, i.e. Page 0 Section 0 Subsection 0 Line 0.  If you know where it should be, then reference the relevant page/section/subsection/line number.

Raj, my note did not specify how to submit comments because we are in the middle of the process of picking out the data base and methodology that will be used.  That is why I suggested that during your review of the Terms and Definitions draft you collect all your comments in a separate document.  That way, with whatever input process we choose, you will be able to copy and paste from your master "concerns" list.  As soon as we have resolved how comments are to be submitted, that information will be posted to the reflector.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
Chair, Resilient Packet Ring Alliance
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816