[RPRWG] November Plenary

Mike,

I think it is very important for us develop
"themes" for each of our next WG meetings.
So far, we have had the following themes:
1) Objectives of RPR
2) Proposals and ideas
3) Clarifications of ideas in written form
using common vocabulary.

We should decide on the
theme for November so that we can manage
the progress of the standard consistent
with our timeline commitments.
The November meeting should be focused on
discussions on what the scope of the
first draft. In addition, it is key that
we start narrowing down on alternatives
in each area. Unifying proposals accompanied
by detailed written drafts must
be given the highest importance.

Obviously, narrowing down the alternatives
must be done with some rules and not just
based on the rhetoric "since we do it this way
today it is the right way to do it." Perhaps,
we can work some ground rules on comparing
various "unifying" proposals. Also, I would
suggest that "FYI" and "here is my view
of the world" presentations be limited to late
evenings or early mornings giving people a choice
to manage their time better. (liaison activities
with other standard's group don't fall in this category)

One more thing, the Q&A time allotted
following each presentation
will be inadequate moving forward. Most of the
time is used up by remarks made after the presentation
to either support or put down a proposal. This
significantly reduces time to engage in questions
that helps the presenter get constructive feedback to
improve their proposals. We need some brainstorming
on this on the reflector on how to manage this.

raj