[RPRWG] Multiple SRP-algorithms?

Title: Multiple SRP-algorithms?

In my review of one of the RPR Access Protocol, SRP; I've been reviewing the various SRP algorithms such as SRP-fa and other vendor's SRP-specific algorithm.

Shouldn't we investigate the possibility of adding another SRP field and/or control-packet mode to inform neighbor nodes of which SRP algorithm is being used?

Apparently, Cisco's SRP-fa certainly is the early entrant and predominate leader so far.  There's words in other vendors' RPR presentations found in RPRAlliance.Org and ieee802.org/17 websites touting better merits over SRP-fa, but I'm more concern about fractional division within the RPR market, particularly SRP algorithm.

Where does the prevailing wind blows on this?

Steve Egbert
TippingPoint Technologies, Inc.