RE: [RPRWG] RPR Perf: simulation models

Pinar -
We are making the model more user friendly as a result of your suggestions
and will release a new version.

Please bear in mind that this model is for the purpose of evaluating the
performance of the RPR MAC BW Management (Fairness) algorithm only. The
model does not address packet format or topology discovery and protection.

If there is a need to address these by simulation, rather than analytically,
then we can discuss that separately.

Please see below for specific answers to your questions.

Our update plan includes:
 ·	Frame Format
 ·	Most recent RCM message format
 ·	Clean-up OPNET default values such as queue sizes
 ·	Include per destination PAUSE as presented in the Sept. meeting

Specific to your questions, here is what I got from the engineers.
 ·	crr is the same as RCF
 ·	Stack bit is not used (our error in copying from the
 	other model)
 ·	CFI is an Ethernet .1Q field
 ·	The default rate is 0 (best effort) and the weight is 1
 	(equal fairness).  The unit of the rate is bit per second.
 ·	The out of band fields are used for debugging purposes
 	and do not affect the bandwidth
 ·	We currently don't have a raw packet interface.  The
only interface in the model is Ethernet but you can add other
interfaces easily.  It is an OPNET standard interface.

This time we will make an effort to write-up a simple
how-to-run description to be given along with the model.

Adisak