[RPRWG] Multiple Priority Queue and Usage Control Packet layout

Title: Multiple Priority Queue and Usage Control Packet layout

If we are going to scale the priority packets into the transmit buffer, I suggest that we add three-bits to the Usage packets to represent the SRP-fa usage by priority class.  Such H/W slice setting could be set to a default percentage of bandwidth for each class.

The only downside I see, is the increase of usage traffic.

This hopefully ensures fairness across priority class and not drop any packet once on the ring.

Stephen Egbert
TippingPoint Technologies, Inc.