[RPRWG] Comment period closing soon!

Colleagues,

There is just over one day left until the comment period for
D0.1 closes (March 6th). I have so far received a grand total
of 42 comments from just 4 people. Obviously this rate of
return hardly makes for a productive Plenary session!

Please review the posted draft and send in your comments as
soon as you can. We need to have as many people commenting
as possible in order to have a meaningful discussion on the
draft. Remember that now that we have draft text, all WG
discussion will be driven either by formal presentations or
by comment resolution sessions. A lack of comments at this
early stage therefore translates to a lack of progress.

Here is a brief recapitulation of the instructions for
creating and submitting comments:

	- go to the (password-protected) Draft 0.1 URL:
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/17/member/draftballots/index.htm

	- download the "CRD_Instructions_v2.pdf" file and READ IT.
		This is the User Guide for working with the CRD.
		In particular, read page 11 of the User Guide for
		the precise description of how to output the comment
		file you will send me. Do not, repeat NOT, follow
		any instructions that the CRD program may try
		to give you. They are misleading and incorrect.

	- download the file "P802_17_D0_1.zip" and read it. This is
		the P802.17 Draft.

	- download the file "D0_1_CRD_Windows.zip" ("D0_1_CRD_Mac.sit"
		for Mac users) to a blank folder or subdirectory and
		uncompress it.

	- follow the instructions on pages 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 of the
		CRD User Guide document to enter your comments.

	- when you have finished with all your comments, follow the
		instructions on pages 11 and 12 of the CRD User Guide
		to output your comments to a file, and then follow the
		instructions on page 24 to send them to me. My e-mail
		address is "tom_alexander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx". Again, DO
		NOT FOLLOW ANY INSTRUCTIONS THE CRD PROGRAM ITSELF MAY
		GIVE YOU!!! Look at the User Guide document instead.

	- that's ALL! It should take you no more than 15-20 minutes in
		addition to entering your comments.

Once the comment period closes on March 6th, I will be posting an
updated comment database to the Draft 0.1 protected web page along with
brief instructions on how to use it (see pages 18-23 and page 26 of
the CRD User Guide). Only proposed resolutions to existing comments
will be accepted thereafter. The database will be frozen on Saturday,
March 9th, and then will be brought into the WG for comment resolution.
The frozen database will also be posted on the same protected web page,
and will be available during the Plenary session.

I again urge all P802.17 WG members (especially voting members!) to
review Draft 0.1 and send in your comments.

Best regards,

- Tom Alexander
Chief Editor, P802.17